Re: [fluka-discuss]: fluka installation problem

From: Francesc Salvat-Pujol <francesc.salvat.pujol_at_cern.ch>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2019 14:13:12 +0100

Dear Luis,

Did you install gcc with homebrew? If so, the following thread from a
slightly different context, even if somewhat aged, may be relevant:

    https://github.com/Homebrew/legacy-homebrew/issues/45011

The user reported that most innocent gfortran compilation returned
exactly the error message you get.

    % gfortran test.f90
    ld: library not found for -lSystem

Seems like reinstalling gcc did the trick for them.

Let us know if the problem persists.

More savvy Mac users may want to comment/correct...

With kind regards,

Cesc

On Sun, Feb 10 2019, at 12:25 +0100, luisgona_at_alumni.uv.es wrote:

>Dear Sir/Madam,
>
>I am a master student who is having some problems to install fluka on his mac computer. I am following the instructions in the FM.pdf file, which comes in the pack fluka2011.2x-mac-gfor64bitAA.tar.gz. Having installed gfortran8.2 previously, I have followed the steps in section 3.2 and once I write “>>make”, my computer shows me several lines and in the end the following message.
>
>Library search paths:
> /Users/luisgonam/Desktop/FISICA/MASTER/TFM/FLUKA
> /usr/local/gfortran/lib/gcc/x86_64-apple-darwin18/8.2.0
> /usr/local/gfortran/lib
>Framework search paths:
>ld: library not found for -lSystem
>collect2: error: ld devolvió el estado de salida 1
>cd flutil; FLUPRO=/Users/luisgonam/Desktop/FISICA/MASTER/TFM/FLUKA make all; cd ..
>/Users/luisgonam/Desktop/FISICA/MASTER/TFM/FLUKA/flutil/fff -N actdline.f
>actdline.f:10:19:
>
> LQ=LSTNBL(CARD1,72)
> 1
>Aviso: Character length of actual argument shorter than of dummy argument ‘card’ (72/132) at (1) [-Wargument-mismatch]
>/Users/luisgonam/Desktop/FISICA/MASTER/TFM/FLUKA/flutil/fff -N hpadd.f
>/Users/luisgonam/Desktop/FISICA/MASTER/TFM/FLUKA/flutil/fff -N hpc.f
>/Users/luisgonam/Desktop/FISICA/MASTER/TFM/FLUKA/flutil/fff -N hpfor.f
>gfortran -o actdline actdline.o
>ld: library not found for -lSystem
>collect2: error: ld devolvió el estado de salida 1
>make[1]: *** [actdline] Error 1
>
>Moreover, in the manual FM.pdf section 3.2.1 it says: “this creates the default executable flukahp and compiles auxiliary programs in the directory flutil.” I can see a folder called flutil, but I cannot see any executable called flukahp
>
>Thank you,
>
>Luis
>
>PD: There is a line in Spanish which says “ld devolvió el estado de salida 1” this means: “ld returned the output value 1”

Francesc Salvat Pujol
CERN-EN/STI
CH-1211 Geneva 23
Switzerland