[fluka-discuss]: simulation via FLUKA code in carbon-ion radiotherapy

From: <Mrakbari2015_at_ast.ui.ac.ir>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2019 19:00:25 +0330

Dear FLUKA experts,
I am working on simulation via FLUKA code in carbon-ion radiotherapy.
One of my question is that except ionisation potential of that
material, which other parameteres have effect on C-ion Bragg peak
location in a specific material at a specific energy? Does momentum
distribution have effect on that, for example?
Another question is that can FLUKA C-ion depth dose simulation, with
all the models considered (evaporation with option of heavy frag,
colesanse, Hadrotherapy option, ..) without validation by experimental
data, be used clinically? or at least used for evaluation of dose
distortion of C-ion in phantom materials by the effect of magnetic
fields? clearly, If we want to evaluate magnetic field- induced C-ion
dose distortions in homogeneous and inhomogeneous materials, is it
neccessary to validate depth dose data by experimental data, which are
relevant to year 1998, which might be less accurate than FLUKA
prediction?
Best,