values of thermal neutron cross sections for gold and cobalt

From: Zanini Luca (luca.zanini@psi.ch)
Date: Thu Jan 24 2008 - 10:40:00 CET

    Dear All,

    I would like to know the values of the thermal neutron cross sections
    for gold and cobalt used in FLUKA, that is, in the first energy bin with
    upper limit 4.1400E-10 GeV. I am trying to estimate by a simple
    calculation the systematic corrections due to self shielding and elastic
    scattering in a foil activation measurement. By using the reference 98.7
    barn cross section for gold I get a "negative" (5%) correction, unless I
    am making some mistake.

    It would be even better to have the values for all the 72 energy bins,
    to estimate also the effect for epithermal neutrons.

    Thanks, Luca