RE: Re:RE: [fluka-discuss]: An example of dose calculation

From: Anton Lechner <Anton.Lechner_at_cern.ch>
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2019 10:39:45 +0000

Dear Li,

Now the setup is indeed different since you simulate a 2 MeV photon source.

In principle your setup looks fine, but you should rather use PRECISIO as SDUM on the DEFAULTS card. In addition, I would lower the production and transport thresholds for secondary electrons and photons using the EMFCUT card (you need the EMFCUT card twice, once without SDUM to set the transport cuts and once with SDUM=PROD-CUT to set the production thresholds). The lower recommended value is 1 keV (but you may want to tune them according to the CPU time and required resolution).

Concerning the USRBIN cards, you are missing on the first one the logical output unit (it is not mandatory, but I would explicitly set it and rather use unformatted data). Secondly, you are missing the SDUMs on both USRBIN cards (which is the binning identifier).

I see that you use a 0.5 cm bin size. Maybe I would use a slightly smaller bin size close to the source to have a better resolution of the dose build-up.

Cheers, Anton

PS Please keep the Emails on the mailing list