Re: [fluka-discuss]: doubts_on_INP_file

From: George Kharashvili <georgek_at_jlab.org>
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2019 07:01:34 +0000

Dear Sougata,

Sorry about my misunderstanding: your first message had already explained this.

Could you please add some details on what you are comparing to FLUKA? Is it some experimental measurements, or an analytical solution? Is 10% difference too much compared to the expected difference considering the statistical errors?

It's hard to tell if there might be some geometric effect from having such divergent beam, but is there a reason why a simple pencil beam can not be used for your comparison?

Another comment, probably not related to your comparison: It is generally advised that you don't define bodies with touching surfaces, but rather use cutting planes, or force partial overlap of bodies, like it is shown on slide 40 of the geometry lecture https://indico.cern.ch/event/694979/contributions/2927099/attachments/1657640/2654309/Geometry1_2018.pdf

Regards,

George