Re: Bragg Peak for proton beam in water

From: Vitaly Pronskikh (Vitali.Pronskikh@jinr.ru)
Date: Wed Jan 30 2008 - 16:52:09 CET

    Dear Experts,

    I just can add that we in our medical-beam-oriented measurements
    understand "Bragg peak" exactly what it was in the original paper:
    everything that shows a peaked ionization loss by a charged particle
    by the end of its track.
    And practically we measure, for example, how the energy deposited by
    an ion in a detector decreases with increase of tissue-like moderator
    thickness, penetrated by the particle before it reaches the detector.
    And our tipical units are MeV/cm.

    Vitaly