Re: [fluka-discuss]: Insert density of the medium-FLUKA

From: Luigi Salvatore Esposito <luigi.salvatore.esposito_at_cern.ch>
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2019 08:21:43 +0000

Dear Jenny,
please keep the email exchange on the list.

You defined a pencil beam hitting the RPP target exactly at the edge, i.e. the beam is supposed to travel exactly in the plane defined by lower x-z face of the RPP.
This causes a precision issue in the evaluation of whether the tracks is inside or outside the target. (see the attached snapshot of your geometry).

Offset the beam relatively to the target and your FLUKA runs will go fine.

As mentioned in my previous email, H, He, C and N are predefined FLUKA materials, therefore no need to defined it again.
Moreover, in case of name-based input (as in your case) do not fill WHAT(4) of the MATERIAL card. More details in the manual.

Best regards, luigi

[cid:5AE75FC3-1866-41B0-B548-CD4FF7729FF9_at_cern.ch]