Re: [fluka-discuss]: Thermal neutron reaction

From: Francesco Cerutti <Francesco.Cerutti_at_cern.ch>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2019 21:09:45 +0100

Hi Alexy,

as written in the manual (LOW-NEUT card, note 5):

"In the case of 6-Li, in order to get the pointwise treatment

<allowing for generation of secondary charged particles and fragments,
such as 3H and 4He, which on the contrary are not explicitly produced and
transported with the groupwise treatment (that for most materials is the
only available)>

it is mandatory to define the respective monoisotopic material through a
MATERIAL card and name it LITHIU-6 (or with a character string containing
LI-6 or 6-LI)."

You named it LITHIUM6, which does not fit the requirement above, and you
did not define it as monoisotopic, since you left empty the respective
field (WHAT(6) = mass number), this way getting the natural isotopic
composition. You should rather put 6.0 there and by the way not fill
WHAT(2) = atomic weight, as clearly recommended in the manual (MATERIAL
card), since there is normally no reason for overwriting the atomic weight
default value.

Best regards
Francesco

Francesco Cerutti