Re: [fluka-discuss]: Low energy neutron xsec not found for some media - ERBIUM

From: Luigi Salvatore Esposito <luigi.salvatore.esposito_at_cern.ch>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2019 10:50:30 +0000

Dear Gaia,

erbium is not available in the low-energy neutron FLUKA library.

A partial solution was already proposed here:
http://www.fluka.org/FLUKA/web_archive/earchive/new-fluka-discuss/12094.html

Best regards luigi

On 14 Mar 2019, at 10:55, gaia dellepiane <dellepiane.1525069_at_studenti.uniroma1.it<mailto:dellepiane.1525069_at_studenti.uniroma1.it>> wrote:

Dear All,

I'm looking to simulate the energy loss of an 18 MeV proton beam in different materials, including an Erbium layer.
At the beginning in the output file I found the error:

**** Low energy neutron xsec not found for some media 2 3 ****
  ERBIUM

so I added the LOW-NEUT card (I attach the input file) but now I find the error:

  **** Low energy neutron xsec not found for some media 2 3 ****
 ERBIUM

I also tried to add the card LOW-MAT but I can't find Erbium in the LowMat list and the output gives me the error:

 *** Nonsense LOW-MAT card assigning to the Fluka material 27 (ERBIUM ) a low ***
 *** energy neutron set with undefined Z 0 and name ***

Do I do something wrong in defining the material or somewhere else?
Could someone help me, please?

Thank you,
best regards,

Gaia