[fluka-discuss]: activation simulation by two-step method

From: Yao <yangyao15_at_mails.ucas.ac.cn>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2019 17:41:09 +0800 (GMT+08:00)

Hello evergyone,

  I am learning the two-steps method for the shielding design of the highly activated components in accelerator, such as target, beam dump, degrader, etc. For example, in the first step, the induced activity in the target will be scored and the output will be saved into a user routine (usrrnc.f? I am not sure for this).Then,in the second step, the target will be placed in a shield container (lead, iron, etc.), and the thickness must be evaluated in order to protect the personnel. Also, sometimes the components will be transported to the hot cell. The thickness of lead glass window or concrete wall needs to be calculated.I found rarely information about this in FLUKA discuss archive or FLUKA courses. Could anyone give me some examples or advices ?

Best regards

Yao