[fluka-discuss]: Radiative BhaBha's with a Positron Beam

From: Keller, Lewis P. <keller_at_slac.stanford.edu>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2019 12:38:08 +0000

I am simulating a 45 GeV positron beam hitting a thin Be target, approx. 0.01 RL I’m plotting the e+ track-lengh as function of energy using USRTRACK. I find that the e+ beam energy quickly degrades which shows up in the track-length quickly shifting toward lower energy e+. Since bremsstrahlung energy loss is negligible for this thin radiator, my question is does FLUKA incorporate radiative bhabha scattering from a positron interacting with an atomic electron to cause the e+ to rapidly lose energy?

Lewis Keller