[fluka-discuss]: problem with usrbdx area

From: <yangt_at_ihep.ac.cn>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2019 23:40:37 +0800 (GMT+08:00)

Dear experts and users,

Recently, I encounter a small problem with usrbdx area.

As shown in the figure, void is a sphere region, box is a cubic region, and material filled in them is both vacuum.

I select one-way current scoring and want to get the current per unit area. Assuming we don’t know in advance what is the concrete direction of particles entering the box, and then select the area equal to the contact area of void-> box, eg, the cubic surface area,

the value of particle current per unit area is J1; however, in actual the particles’ direction may be perpendicular to one surface as the shadow section shown in the figure, if we choose this area as the contact area in usrbdx card and obtain the particle current/area equal to J2, now J1=1/6 J2, if we select the total surface area of box, we may underestimate the quantity current/area, so how should we choose the area?

Best regards!

Yang