Re: [fluka-discuss]: change random seed

From: Ivan <gordeev_at_jinr.ru>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2019 15:33:39 +0300

Hello!

If I understood right, you can achieve your aim launching many copies of
your input with different random seed and after combine the results
together, just like it is in Flair, so you can write your own script, or
use something that already done. If you use a cluster of servers for
your calculations with Slurm manager, for example, the best solution I
found so far, this tool: https://pypi.org/project/mcpartools/. It works
well and helped a lot in my project, just read the instruction of it and
maybe it is fits for your purposes as well. Also, I wrote tool on Python
3, which is awfully coded, but works fine =), the main idea of it also
is to create many copies of your input (up to 780) with different seeds
and launch them in parallel, this works fine on PCs, or local servers
without manager, link to the github:
https://github.com/GordoNice/FLUKA_Spawn.git The output files have names
like it is in Flair, so, after it ends up, you can easily process your
results using Flair. You just need to put the script in the same
directory with input and change seed in it to: "1234567890" and launch
the script.If you want to know how it works, or have some questions, I
can provide all the information you need to launch successfully, just
write directly on my email for that.

All the best!
Ivan