[fluka-discuss]: Bremsstrahlung emissions from electron beam in a magnetic field

From: Andrew Hastings <ahasti4_at_lsu.edu>
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2019 20:07:13 +0000

Fluka Experts,

I'm trying to model skyshine neutrons generated by the 180 MeV electron beam going through a 90-degree turn after exiting the Linear Accelerator. I've been using USERDUMP to verify my beam characteristics, but I don't see any photons being generated when the beam enters the magnetic field.

Does Fluka model Bremsstrahlung radiation for electrons transiting and turning in a magnetic field?

Attached is my current input file.

Kindest Regards,

[1465572792562_image003.png]
Andrew D. Hastings
Medical Physics and Health Physics Graduate Student (MS)
Louisiana State University
(225)333-8435|ahasti4_at_lsu.edu<mailto:ahasti4_at_lsu.edu>