[fluka-discuss]: RE: magfld.f User Routine keeps Timing Out my Runs

From: Maarten Van Dijk <maarten.van.dijk_at_cern.ch>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2019 22:10:20 +0000

Dear Andrew,

All that was needed to be changed in your file was to disable the MGNFIELD card.

I took the time to run 10 runs of 1000 protons; I am attaching as proof your output 48 (USRBIN for electrons over specified area). You can clearly see that they bend in a circle where they are supposed to, and do not bend where they are not supposed to.

There are some more issues that I do not have time to look into (there do not seem to be any particles other than electrons? Which probably has to do with transport threshold, you should look up what the PRECISIO in the DEFAULTS card implies in terms of transport thresholds). There seem to be some entries in some of the USRBDX outputs at least, from here the rest is up to you :)

Best of luck with the rest!

Regards,

Maarten