RE: [fluka-discuss]: How do I draw repeating geometry

From: Anton Lechner <Anton.Lechner_at_cern.ch>
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2019 18:44:14 +0000

Hello,

You need to express these spheres using the FLUKA combinatorial geometry in the input file (bodies and regions). One could for example write a simple script, which creates the corresponding body/region cards.

There is however an important point to consider: it is computationally very inefficient to subtract O(1000) spheres from a single mother volume. It is rather recommended to subdivide the problem. For example, you could have a subvolume, where you place a subset of the spheres. Then you could replicate this subvolume multiple times using the FLUKA lattice functionality (see manual for details).

Cheers, Anton