RE: [fluka-discuss]: Multiple sources

From: Eleftherios Skordis <eleftherios.skordis_at_cern.ch>
Date: Wed, 8 May 2019 17:43:53 +0000

Dear Jyoti,

defining more than one source, basically means that you are just sampling primary particles from another set of coordinates and/or energies.
That means that the primary particle will originate from either of the sources with a chance that you set.

There are many implementations you can do.
e.g.
RNDNUM = FLRNDM(DUMMY)
IF ( RNDNUM .GT. 0.5 ) THEN
XORIG = 10
YORIG = 10
RMIN = 0
RMAX = 4
ZMIN = 10
ZMAX = 10
ELSE
           XORIG = 0
YORIG = 0
RMIN = 0
RMAX = 5
ZMIN = -10
ZMAX = +10
END IF
R=SQRT(FLRNDM(DUMMY)) * (RMAX-RMIN) + RMIN
THETA = FLRNDM(DUMMY) * TWOPIP
    x = R * cos(THETA) + XORIG
y = R * sin(THETA) + YORIG
z = ZMIN + (ZMAX - ZMIN) * FLRNDM(DUMMY)
      XFLK (NPFLKA) =x
      YFLK (NPFLKA) =y
      ZFLK (NPFLKA) =z
WRITE(*,*) x,y,z

Unless you are interested in sampling more than one particles in the primary particle stack but that should be of interest only in the case of event by event scoring.

Kind regards

Lefteris

Eleftherios Skordis
Dep. EN/STI, CERN