[fluka-discuss]: Code version preference for cluster use

From: Primidis, Thomas <Thomas.Primidis_at_liverpool.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2019 13:19:54 +0000

Dear all,

I am using a 64-bit linux cluster to run my simulations and the administrators are reluctant to install newer versions of gfortran to support the new fluka distributions. They were kind enough to do this once for gfortran 6.4 but now I have to ask for a fresher installation.

Should I ask for a g77 since all distributions have a version with g77 compilation or should I ask for a gfortran-7, gfortran-8, docker?

What would be the difference in the simulation results/efficiency with these versions?

The point is to not have to ask for a 3rd time with the next fluka distributions.

Best regards,

Thomas