RE: spallation neutron yield of 100 MeV-Hg reaction

From: Adonai Herrera Martinez (Adonai.Herrera.Martinez@cern.ch)
Date: Wed Mar 12 2008 - 11:41:07 CET

    The "Accelerator Driven System Design FLUKA Exercise, ICTP Lecture" was =
    a simplified version of this design, mostly for introductory purposes. =
    11 and 12 n/p for 100 and 200 MeV is obviously wrong; It would be good =
    if you could send the link to those files for cross-checking and, if =
    necessary, correcting the files.

    We simulated precisely that process in Hg for the design of the Eurisol =
    spallation target; you can find the results in several publications =
    available at Cern, in particular the AB note 2006-013 (figure 15 is =
    exactly what you are looking for; about 0.4 n/p for 100 MeV and 2 n/p =
    for 200 MeV).

    The documents are available here:
    http://eurisol-hg-target.web.cern.ch/eurisol-hg-target/
    http://cdsweb.cern.ch/search?p=3Deurisol+ds&f=3D&action_search=3DSearch&c=
    =3D&sf=3D&so=3Dd&rm=3D&rg=3D10&sc=3D1&of=3Dhb

    Cheers,

    Adonai