Re: 56-Fe not stopping

From: Francesco Cerutti <francesco.cerutti@cern.ch>
Date: Tue Mar 25 2008 - 15:54:48 CET

Dear Joel,

when the beam particle is HEAVYION, momentum or kinetic energy input in
WHAT(1-2) of the BEAM card (average and spread, respectively) are intended
to be per nucleon [or better per nuclear mass unit, i.e. 1/12 of the
nuclear mass of C12, AMUC12 in (DBLPRC)]. So you are indeed runnig an iron
beam with ~53.5 GeV/n kinetic energy.

Cheers

Francesco

On Wed, 19 Mar 2008, Joel DeWitt wrote:

> fluka-discuss:
>
> I'm running a single 1 GeV/n nominal energy 56-Fe primary through 30
> g/cm^2 polyethylene, but it is not stopping in the medium as observed
> in experiment. Are there some physics I need switched on besides
> DPMJET?
>
> Regards,
> Joel DeWitt

Francesco Cerutti