Re: use of CERNLIB with Fluka (source)

From: Finetti Noemi <noemi.finetti@aquila.infn.it>
Date: Fri Mar 28 2008 - 11:09:18 CET

Dear Alberto and Francesco,

I am trying to describe an uniform isotropic flux of cosmic protons on a
sphere of radius 7.1 cm. Since SFLOOD generates a random position and
direction on an unit radius sphere (1 cm, right?) it could be useful
(thanks for your advice!).

Moreover ... Francesco was right about the problem concerning the error
in linking Fluka with CERN Library: I forgot the option -C when I
launched the lflukac! Now it works! Thanks!

At present I am reading data from an external data file but I would like
to generate events directly with Fluka (work in progress). One more
question ... from Fluka on-line manual I read something about "Sampling
from a generic distribution" but it is not clear to me how I can find
with Fluka the inverse value XX=F-1(t) of the cumulative distribution of
a given function ("fu" in my source subroutine) by interpolation.
noemi

--
Address: Dott.ssa Noemi Finetti
c/o Dipartimento di Fisica dell'Universita' di L'Aquila