Re: [fluka-discuss]: Energy loss of relativistic nuclei in a crystal

From: Paola Sala <paola.sala_at_mi.infn.it>
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2019 15:21:44 +0200

Hello
Sorry, but I still do not reproduce your problem.
I attach a simple input file, that has the same physics/transport cards
as yours, runs on monochromatic ions, and uses the THRESHOLD card to
inhibit interactions. Results are collected with a DETECT card. Running at
300 GeV/nucleon and 30 TeV/nucleon gives comparable results, as in the two
plots attached (energy deposition in 2 cm PWO, no normalization).
Maybe you could try to run your case adding the THRESHOL card, to be sure
that there is no contamination by inelastic interactions? Although I do
not understand why this should change with energy..
Your source.f seems correct, but maybe try a monoenergetic run?
I'll keep thinking..
Paola

Paola Sala
INFN Milano