Re: [fluka-discuss]: Neutrino beam not propagated?

From: Andrea Celentano <andrea.celentano_at_ge.infn.it>
Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2019 18:05:46 +0200

Dear Paul,
I do not understand completely the problem. Even if you use the SOURCE routine, the primary neutrinos will interact promptly in the generation position, and will not propagate in the geometry. Only secondary neutrinos propagate, without interacting.
In other words, it is not possible to fire neutrinos in location “A”, and then sample these primaries in another location “B”. In any case, since neutrinos propagate in a straight line, then you can simply use a RAY particle (a dummy particle that just propagates straight, see http://www.fluka.org/fluka.php?id=man_onl&sub=7 <http://www.fluka.org/fluka.php?id=man_onl&sub=7>)

Bests,
Andrea