EVENTBIN with polar binning?

From: Marco Calviani <marco.calviani@lnl.infn.it>
Date: Tue Apr 29 2008 - 12:26:43 CEST

Dear list,
   i have a quite simple cylindrical geometry with two contiguous
regions defined by planes orthogonal to the Z axis. I'm scoring the
energy depositions of particles - generated in the first region - in the
other region with EVENTBIN. I would like to score the angular dependence
of the deposited energy, but the only possibility i have is the R-Phi-Z
binning; the Phi angle is not the one i want, because my intention is to
obtain the energy as a function of angle between the Z axis and its
orthogonal.
I've tried with ROT-DEFI and ROTPRBIN but probably i'm not using them
correctly. These are the cards i'm actually using.

ROT-DEFI 201 0.0 90.0 0.0 0.0 0.0
EVENTBIN 11.0 ENERGY -90.0 4.0 0.0 0.5GASP
EVENTBIN 0.0 0.0 0.0 1.0 9.0 1.0&
ROTPRBIN 0.0 1.0 0.0 1.0 1.0 1.0

My aim is to make a rotation around the Y axis and then trasform the old
Phi angle in the new theta.
However even with this option it appears that the angle is always the same.
Surely my implementation of ROT-DEFI and ROTPRBIN is not the correct one.

Any suggestion are really welcome,
With my best regards,

Marco