[fluka-discuss]: Dose from multiple sources

From: Maciak Maciej <Maciej.Maciak_at_ncbj.gov.pl>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2019 10:56:38 +0000

Dear FLUKA Users,

I would like to estimate the dose deposited in the thin water microbox containing several Y-90 microspheres. I used SOURCE user-routine to sample the coordinates of the spheres and it works fine. I used USRBIN detector to score DOSE in single bin which has the same dimensions as water box and I got the dose per decay according to the manual. I ran two simulation with different number of spheres located in the same volume and I got the same result. What is the reason of such behavior? Or maybe because I sample the sphere location I should multiply the result by the number of spheres to normalize according to the number of decays? It is not clear to me what in this specific case mean 'per decay'?

Best regards,
Maciej Maciak

Radiological Metrology and Biomedical Physics Division
National Centre for Nuclear Research
Andrzeja Sołtana 7, 05-400 Otwock-Świerk
www.ncbj.gov.pl/en