[fluka-discuss]: Number of scored particles and instantaneous dose rate

From: TYRRELL, JASON <J.TYRRELL3_at_nuigalway.ie>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2019 23:49:21 +0000

Hi fluka users,

I have scored dose in a water phantom using importance biasing. I want to convert the dose values to (j/kg). From what I have read, the dose is scored in the units of GeV/g per primary. Is it possible to get the number of particles that fluka has scored in order to do the conversion? I have tried looking in the output file and couldn't locate it.

Also, I am attempting to score instantaneous dose rate in (uSv/hr). I have added usrbin set to Dose-eq and auxscore( with set = AMb74). I also added dcyscore. Will this give me equivalent ambient dose rate ( pSv/sec)?

Thanks a lot,

Jason