[fluka-discuss]: Error analysis

From: TYRRELL, JASON <J.TYRRELL3_at_nuigalway.ie>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2019 15:07:42 +0000

Dear FLUKA Users,

I am trying to determine my error on a 1D plot using USRBIN. I know that the fourth column is the percentage error of the mean value in the third column (found by assuming a Poisson distribution). However, I have used importance biasing in my simulation. I have referred to the manual and it says that "apart from the final value one has to record also the square of events/hits for every value needed". I am not sure what this means.Where would you obtain the number of event/hits?

Kind Regards,
Jason.