Re: [fluka-discuss]: Doses in Voxel Regions

From: Andrea Fontana <andrea.fontana_at_pv.infn.it>
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2019 20:21:14 +0200

Hi Stefano,
    a somehow late reply, while reviewing the pending requests...

I think that the factor 20* for alphas should not be used with
DOSEQLET, since dose is evaluated from LET.

For the request on time, I guess that this should depend on your
irradiation profile.

Hope this helps,
Andrea

Il 24/09/2019 13:41, Stefano Dalla Vecchia ha scritto:

> Hello Fluka experts,
>

> I am running simulations with the ICRP human phantom. Everything is
> running smoothly, but I had a question that I could not find the
> answer to..
>
> I'm scoring the DOSEQLET in each voxel region, which if I stand
> correct is measured in GeV/g, and corrisponds to the equivalent dose
> computed using the Q(LET). Now, pardon my ignorance, since I'm using
> alpha particles, do I still have to multiply it by 20* or not? (I'm
> assuming not because it is already "equivalent", but might as well ask)
>

> The real problem is related to *TIME.. *I would like to convert the
> results into mSv/y, and to do that I would need to know how long the
> particle exposure was for the radiation. Where/How do I find such
> quantity?
>

> Thank you,
>
> Stefano Dalla Vecchia
>
> EAC - European Space Agency

Dr. Andrea Fontana                    tel: +39 0382 987991
Istituto Nazionale                    fax: +39 0382 423241
di Fisica Nucleare
Sezione di Pavia                      e-mail: andrea.fontana_at_pv.infn.it
Via Bassi 6                           web   : www.pv.infn.it/~fontana
27100 PAVIA, Italy