[fluka-discuss]: Source routine

From: Philippe Bertreix <philippe.bertreix_at_cern.ch>
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2019 14:10:59 +0000

Dear FLUKA Experts,

I need to simulate the external dose due to a radioactive gas in a room. I have created a geometry made by a room filled with air, and an ICRU sphere at the center. This sphere will allow to estimate the E+/E- fluence after 0.007cm of skin.
To do that I created a source routine to sample the position the isotropic beam in my room (and outside the ICRU sphere). Note that I will not simulate a radionuclide, but a discrete emission of energy.

I succeeded to compile my source routine and I made a test to check if everything works fine : I started a first simulation of 10000 particles with a USRBIN score of photons in the air. The problem is the results of the USRBIN is 0 (which is not normal I think), and the simulation to very fast (some seconds).

I have two questions :

1) If I choose WHAT(3) = 10000 (= isotropic) in the beam card, do I have to define an isotropy in my source routine ? (I made it by calling RACO(TXX,TYY,TZZ) and by associating the results to TXFLK (NPFLK), TYFLK (NPFLK), TZFLK (NPFLK) )

2) I had a look on the .out file and the . err file :

- on the .err file, it seems my 10000 particles have been generated

- but at the end of the .out file, it seems only 1 seed has been generated, and it stops after.
Why this difference?

I have attached to this email the .inp, the source routine, and also the .err, .out and .log files.

Thanks a lot for your help,
Best regards

Philippe BERTREIX
CERN - European Organization for Nuclear Research
Radiation Protection Group
Radioactive Shipping Service

[CERN-logo]