Re: RE: Please suggest

From: <rravi@veccal.ernet.in>
Date: Sun May 18 2008 - 08:41:52 CEST

Dear Mr. Markus Brugger, and Others of the Forum,
                   Thanks for your detailed reply. My source itself is less than 100 MeV/n and as you say if the default RQMD is set to 100 MeV/nucleon for Heavy Ions, there is no point in setting "TRANSPORT" less ( as initial INTERACTION itself can't be compromised). Hope BME model will be fully implemented in Future versions for public domain.
 In the mean time, I would like to request experts, if I use neutron Spectrum input in Fluka ( Spectrum generated from codes like ALICE91 etc for 320 MeV Falling on Ta) to interact on Fe Cylinder ( as described in problem described earlier) and estimate the resultanting neutron and photon flux, will it be anywhere near approximation of the problem described earlier ?
Kindly advise me.

R. Ravi Shankar
Scientific Officer,
Health Physics Unit,
VECC, 1/AF, Bidhan Nagar,
Kolkata 700 064.
India. Tel: +91 033 23371230-34 extn:3153