[fluka-discuss]: Visualization of FLUKA voxel geometries with DaVis3D(B

From: Chris Theis(B <Christian.Theis_at_cern.ch>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2019 11:21:12 +0000

Dear Li,

it seems that your machine was nevertheless running low on available contiguous memory because this message is coming from the operating system when the plugin tries to allocate the required memory. Please note that the memory consumption of the plugins is attributed to the mother processes which under Windows have an upper limit of 2GB per process for 32-bit processes.

In the future a 64 bit version might be released that does not have these limitations but that$B!G(Bs still under preparation. For the time being you can only circumvent this issue by decreasing accuracy.

Best regards
Chris

Dear Fluka Experts,

  I creates one copy of the VDaVis3D.plx file in the directory, one of them used to load display the voxel data whereas the other one to display the simulation data.I successfully loaded voxel files$B!$(Bbut I got a hint "insufficient memory" when I load the simulation data (Actually it's a Chinese prompt box). The size of the output file is 195M, and output by USRBIN card $B!$(Bthe setting of the card is shown in Figure 1. The output files can be loaded successfully when I decrease numbers of bins in X$B!"(BY$B!"(BZ. But my computer has enough running memory$B!$(Bso Is there any way to solve this problem without reducing the accuracy?

best regards,
Li