converting a region name into a region number

From: Sharmalee Randeniya <randeniya@rice.edu>
Date: Sat May 10 2008 - 15:21:05 CEST

Dear FLUKA experts,

I am trying to use BXDRAW in mgdraw.f to write a boundary crossing particle dump
for a proton therapy simulation. My FLUKA input file is written using region
names instead of region numbers to describe the geometry.

Is there a routine to convert region names into region numbers?

I read the description on GEOR2N routine in chapter 13 in the manual. If I am
correct it converts a region number into a name and region number (MREG/NEWREG)
is the input variable and the region name is the returned variable. So if I
were to used this, I first have to search for the required region names in a
loop. Am I right or wrong?

Any help is deeply appreciated !!!

Thank you

Sharmalee