Re: Physics of Electron Transport

From: Vasilis Vlachoudis <Vasilis.Vlachoudis@cern.ch>
Date: Mon May 26 2008 - 16:50:05 CEST

Dear Sujoy

you are right that the 180mg/cm2 of Polystyrene (even the 14mg/cm2)
should be sufficient to stop a 210keV electron. But we believe the
energy deposition you see in CaSO4 it comes from the Bremsstrahlung
photons produced by you electron beam. Please try to add a USRBIN as
well USRBDX detectors to score the electron and photon fluence in your
problem to find out the contributions of each one.

For information on the physics treatment done by FLUKA I would suggest
the EM-FLUKA lecture on the last FLUKA course, which can be found on the
fluka web site.

Regards
Vasilis