[fluka-discuss]: Energy distribution in very small bin size and material stability

From: <mazhj_at_ihep.ac.cn>
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2019 14:47:42 +0100

analyse
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2019 18:58:44 +0800
Sender: owner-fluka-discuss_at_mi.infn.it

Dear experts,

There is a problem puzzled us for a long time. We want to seek some
suggestions here.

Task description:
We are trying to analyze the temperature rise and the thermal effect while
an electron beam impact in to the dump core, whose material is aluminum.
The dump core is cylindrical, R=30 cm and length is about 2 m.
The cross section for incidence beam is about 10 um^2.

Methods we planned:
Step 1. We want to simulate the highest energy deposition inside the whole
dump core volume, the dimension of bin size about 10 um^3 which equal to
the incidence beam size.
Question 1: As we know, due to the limit of maximum bin number, we have to
simulate many times to find the highest point, or the energy distribution
in the whole volume. How to get the energy distribution in such small bin
dimension?

Step 2. Then we want to transfer our energy deposition profile into ANSYS
software to simulate the material stability.
Question 2: There are too many grids while input the energy deposition
profile into ANSYS simulation. Should we need to analysis material
stability insuch a small dimension?

Any suggestions for Question 1 or Question 2, or other solution for this
task is appreciated, many thanks in advanced.

Best Wishes!
Zhongjian