Re: [fluka-discuss]: About the flair

From: Paola Sala <paola.sala_at_mi.infn.it>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2020 07:51:54 +0100

Dear Jiat Li,

Flair calls usrxsuw to produce the _tab.lis files, and plots the data as
written in the _tab.lis files

So:
if you process data files with flair, you'll get automatically the tab_lis
files with values

And: flair plots (correctly!) the data as it is, per GeV , not multiplied
wby the bin width.

Multiplication by y bin width is unormally used to get integrated values.

You do NOT need to multiply by 2pi or 4pi. this is true only for results
of the usxrea program, not usxsuw.

Hope this helps
Paola
> Dear FLUKA experts,
> I'm a newer for using FLUKA, so there I have some problems need to be
> solved.
> 1, After acquiring the results from FLUKA, I used the flair to analyze the
> data, and only a plot was acquired in flair, but I don't know how to get
> the data of the plot in the flair.
> 2, In the simulation, the USRBDX was used for getting the neutron
> fluence/current in the target. After getting the results of FLUKA, the
> root "Usxsuw" was used to get the document ".lis". According to the
> manual(when requesting a fluence or current energy spectrum, with no
> angular distribution, to obtain integral binned results (fluence or
> current in cm-2 per energy bin per primary) one must multiply the value of
> each energy bin by the width of the bin (even for logarithmic binning),
> and by 2 or 4 (depending on whether one-way or two-way scoring has been
> requested).), the document ".lis" was used and the neutron spectrum was
> acquired by hand calculation. However, the spectrum had a big difference
> with the spectrum plotted in the flair. What causes the difference? What
> kind of process for plotting in the flair.
>
> Thanks for your attention and looking forward your kindly help.
>
> Forschungszentrum Juelich GmbH
> 52425 Juelich
> Sitz der Gesellschaft: Juelich
> Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: MinDir Volker Rieke
> Geschaeftsfuehrung: Prof. Dr.-Ing. Wolfgang Marquardt (Vorsitzender)
> Karsten Beneke (stellv. Vorsitzender), Prof. Dr.-Ing. Harald Bolt
> Prof. Dr. Sebastian M. Schmidt

Paola Sala
INFN Milano
tel. Milano +39-0250317374