Positron fluence

From: <pksahani@cat.ernet.in>
Date: Wed Jun 18 2008 - 13:51:45 CEST

Dear Fluka Users,
      I am a new FLUKA user.I used very simple geometry to calculate the
electron ,photon and positron fluence after a lead target.I incident
2.5GeV electron pencil beam on lead target and by using the USRBDX
card i score the fluence after the target. I got very nice spectra
for e- and photon from 0 to Maximum (2.5GeV) as expected . But the
e+ spectrum also shows a distribution from 0 to 2.5GeV. But i think
the positron production is only through pair production , if so then
it must go from 0 to 1.25GeV[(2.5GeV-1.02MeV)/2 ]. Then how in FLUKA
simulation I got the spectrum upto 2.5GeV.
   So please help me in this regard.

Thank You

With Regards
Prasanta Kumar Sahani
Scientific Officer-C
Raja Ramanna Centre for Advanced Technology
Indore-452013
INDIA