Re: [fluka-discuss]: Questions about fluka

From: Paola Sala <paola.sala_at_mi.infn.it>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2020 10:44:50 +0100

Dear Silvia

About the material definition: I suppose you wish to have the equivallent
of natural carbon, only with increased density. Then in the MATERIAL card,
so not fill the fields relative to Am nad A: fill only the z and the name,
the code will automatically consider the correct isotopic composition for
Carbon.
Then, you will have to add a LOW-MAT card in order to associate your new
material with the low-energy neutron cross section data set (there is the
example in the manual, in the description for LOW-MAT)
 LOW-MAT DIAMOND 6. -2. 296. 0.0 0. CARBON

About usrbin: the third quantity is the value that you plot, the fourth is
the error in percentage

The plotted value is energy/cm3/primary averaged over the third dimension

You are asking for a bin size of 0.08 microns in z and 0.5 microns in x
znd y. be aware that you are at the limit, or below, of the capabilitiees
of the code, and IMPORTANT, that you will have toset very small values for
the producton and transport thresholds in order to get something
meaningful. Do you relly need such small bins?

Also be aware that fluka will not deal with the crystal structure.

Regards
Paola
> Dear experts,
>
> I'm a beginner with fluka. I have two questions:
> - my target is made with diamond but I don't understand how set my
> material
> card in input. I wrote as All1 but it don't recognize this material.
> - I don't understand what I obtain in a file ascii by setting userbin as
> show you in All2. Because if I do a 2D plot in a file.dat i see 4 columns,
> the first two are the two coordinates, the third and the fourth I don't
> understand what show me.
>
> Thanks in advance.
> Regards,
>
> Silvia