Re: question to model for AA collisions

From: Paola Sala <paola.sala@mi.infn.it>
Date: Thu Jul 03 2008 - 15:33:13 CEST

Dear Olaf,
RQMD is an indepandent A-A event generator developed in Frankfort by H.
Sorge and collaborators. It is based on Relativistic Quantum Molecular
Dynamics, but can also be run in "fast cascade" mode, that is similar to
an intra-nuclear cascade. For details, the original references are

Sorge, H., Flavor production in Pb(160 AGeV) on Pb collision:
Effect of color ropes and hadronic rescattering, Phys. Rev.C 52 3291-3314,
1995.

Sorge, H., H. Stocker and W. Greiner, Poincar\'e Invariant
Hamiltonian Dynamics: Modelling Multi-hadronic Interactions in a Phase
Space approach, Ann. of. Phys.192, 266-306, 1989.

RQMD modifications for FLUKA concern the identification of emitted nuclei,
fix of some energy non conservation, determination of the exitation energy
of emitted nuclei. Note that nuclear evaporation after A-A collision is
performed by the same FLUKA routines as for hadron-nucleus collisions.
For details/benchmarks you can ave a look at (for instance)

V. Andersen et al. ,
``the FLUKA code for space applications: recent developments",
 Advances in Space Research, 34, 1302-1310 (2004)

H. Aiginger et al. [the FLUKA collaboration]
''The FLUKA code: New developments and application to 1 GeV/n iron beams'',
Advances in Space Research, 35 (2005), 214-222

Ciao
Paola
>> Dear FLUKA community,
>
> I've a question concerning the physics implementation of nucleus-nucleus
> collisions. The manual states:
>
> Nuclear interactions generated by ions are treated through interfaces to
> external event generators.
> [...]
> * Between 0.1 and 5 GeV per nucleon: modified RQMD
>
> What is exactly the "modified" RQMD? Concretely, I was looking to the pi-
> production in N+Be reactions. How is that case treated in FLUKA?
>
> Cheers
> Olaf.

Paola Sala
INFN Milano