Re: FLUKA on Opesuse-11 platform

From: Chris Theis <Christian.Theis@cern.ch>
Date: Thu Jul 10 2008 - 21:22:02 CEST

Dear Prasanta,
we've already been running FLUKA under OpenSuse 11 successfully. Could
you be a little more specific what exactly your problem was when trying
to install it?

Without more information I would assume that you're running in the
problem of the missing G77 compiler. G77 is not shipped anymore with
more recent Linux distributions as it requires a GCC backend which is
already outdated and superseded by technologically totally different
backends. However, you can get G77 by installing a "compat-g77" package
which includes everything you need. For OpenSuse 11 (and I think also
for the previous version 10.3) such a compat package is not available
anymore but you can still use one which was packaged for Suse 10.2. I'd
suggest that you look for compat-g77-3.3.5-42.1.i586.rpm (
<https://mmm.cern.ch/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=3Dhttp://rpmfind.net/linux/RPM/suse/updates/10.2/i386/rpm/i586/compat-g77-> =
http://rpmfind.net/linux/RPM/suse/updates/10.2/i386/rpm/i586/compat-g77-3.3.5-42.1.i586.html =
<http://rpmfind.net/linux/RPM/suse/updates/10.2/i386/rpm/i586/compat-g77-3.3.5-42.1.i586.html> )
Hope that helps
Chris

---=20
Chris Theis=20
CERN/SC-RP - European Organization for Nuclear Research=20
1211 Geneva 23, Switzerland=20
Phone: +41 22 767 8069 Office: 892-2A-015=20
e-mail: Christian.Theis@cern.ch=20
---=20