[fluka-discuss]: Re: Collimated Beam

From: Santana, Mario <msantana_at_slac.stanford.edu>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2020 06:56:35 +0000

Yes, you may produce a directional beam (of adjustable size, or pencil-wise if you wish). Use the BEAM card (http://www.fluka.org/content/manuals/online/BEAM.html) to describe the energy, divergence and size and BEAMAXES (http://www.fluka.org/content/manuals/online/BEAMAXES.html) for its direction (if not along the default z axis). For a pencil beam you may also use BEAMPOS (http://www.fluka.org/content/manuals/online/BEAMPOS.html) to define its direction. The latter card is also necessary to define the starting coordinates of the beam if other than {0,0,0}.

-M
FLUKA: BEAMPOSit<http://www.fluka.org/content/manuals/online/BEAMPOS.html>
1) To take full advantage of some tracking optimisation features, it is often a good idea to create a buffer vacuum region containing the whole geometry, which must itself be contained within the external (mandatory) blackhole region.
www.fluka.org

FLUKA: BEAMAXES<http://www.fluka.org/content/manuals/online/BEAMAXES.html>
1) Option BEAM describes a simple pencil beam, or also a beam simply distributed in space (angular divergence and transversal profile), provided the beam axis coincides with the z-axis of the input geometry. Also a possible beam polarisation described by option POLARIZAti refers to a beam with its axis coinciding with the geometry z-axis.
www.fluka.org

FLUKA: BEAM<http://www.fluka.org/content/manuals/online/BEAM.html>
www.fluka.org