Re: [fluka-discuss]: Q: STOP NO RANDOM FILE & ***TIMED-OUT***

From: Paola Sala <paola.sala_at_mi.infn.it>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2020 10:36:33 +0100

Dear Yi
The "No random file" error occurs when the first cycle of a run crashes,
thus it does not produce the random seed for the second cycle, and so on.
In order to find the real error, one should look at the output/log/err
from the first cycle (the xxx001 files).
It is also good practice to send only one cycle when setting up a new
simulation.
In your case, the problem is in the GCR-SPE card: one needs to provide the
name of the particle spectra in the sdum fiels. Also, one needs to copy
the xxx.spc files and the corresponding xxx.sur file from the
$FLUPRO/gcrtools directory to the working directory. Two set of files are
available, corresponding to two solar activities.
Then, you have a Ionsplit card limited to 5 GeV, if I am not mistaken. One
should either use the ionsplit at all energies, or link with the ion
generators ($FLUPRO/flutil/ldp3mqmd ) and take out the ionsplit card

Hope this helps
Paola

> Dear all,
>

> I try to run my input, but failed all the time.I need some help in deed.
> The erros are as follows.
>

> 1. The .err file said: Abort called from FLRM64 reason NO RANDOM FILE Run
> stopped! STOP NO RANDOM FILE
>

> but I have set the RANDOMIZ card already and the WHAT(1) is exactly 1.0.
>

> 2. The state of run always apears ***TIMED-OUT*** in the RUN:RUN frame of
> flair and the run would be stopped still,
>
> Could you tell me what went wrong ? and how to handle with it ?
>

> b.t.w. My input is attached,if it is needed. Cordially welcome any advice
> and instruction.
>

> Thank you and best regards,
>
> Yi

Paola Sala