Re: [fluka-discuss]: Number of neutron produced in spallation

From: Answers <answers_at_pcfluka.mi.infn.it>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2020 15:54:51 +0100 (CET)

Dear Alessandro,
I suppose you meant "how many neutrons" instead of "how many primaries",
as the primaries are the protons and the products are the neutrons.

Regarding your question, without knowing the different methods you used,
and without seeing your input file it is difficult to guess where the
problem is.

As a general suggestion, neutron fluence can be calculated by means of the
USRTRACK card, which scores tracklength density (or fluence) as a function
of energy.
USRBIN can calculate fluence as a function of position.

If you need further help, please send us specific examples and preferably
also your input file.

Best regards,