Re: [fluka-discuss]: Use_of_MULSOPT_EMFFIX

From: Paola Sala <paola.sala_at_mi.infn.it>
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2020 15:46:16 +0100

Hello
for electromagnetic particles, low energies, thin layers..
you can
Reduce the average step size to something like 5% through the EMFFIX card,
And activate single scattering through MULSOPT, sdum=GLOBEMF. with this
card, sigle scattering can be activated only near to boundaries, or for
all transport. steps.
Single scattering everywhere is the most precise option, but of course it
is very time-consuming.
Have a nice day
Paola
> Dear Fluka experts and users,
>
> I am trying to evaluate correction factors and effective point of
> measurement for beta dose measurement by ionization chambers . For
> this I have to measure dose in thin target (tissue, PMMA etc.)
> accurately for different beta energies from few keV to 5 MeV.
>

> I have set PRECESIO as default and transport cutoff as 1 keV (lowest).
> How shall I use MULSOPT or EMFFIX cards to increase accuracy in this
> work. Which one of these two cards are suitable for my problem ?
>

> Regards,
> ---------------------------------------
> SOUGATA RAKSHIT / सौगत रक्षित
> Scientific Officer(D) / वैज्ञानिक
> आधिकारीक(D)
> RSSD / आर एस एस डि
> Bhabha Atomic Research Centre / भाभा परमानु
> अनुसंधान केंद्र
> Mumbai-400 085 / मुंबई-400 085
> Tel: +91-022-2559 2214/7085 दूरभाष: +91-022-2559 2214/7085

Paola Sala
INFN Milano
tel. Milano +39-0250317374
tel. CERN +41-227679148