[fluka-discuss]: Scoring energy of all particles within inelastic interaction and their direction

From: Lukáš Marek <mareklu8_at_fjfi.cvut.cz>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2020 15:52:14 +0100

Dear FLUKA experts,

I would like to ask you for advice in kinetic energy scoring of all
particles which are created during an inelastic interaction.

My first approach was to use mgdraw and its routine USDRAW with
ICODE=101 where I used the stacks FHEAVY and GENTSK to obtain
information about created particles within an inelastic interaction.
According the information in a manual of FLUKA, TRACKR has to be used to
obtain kinetic energy of heavier particles in the stack FHEAVY (function
for kinetic energy tkheav returns some "incorrect" results for this case
in comparison with the information about the total energy from TRACKR
reduced with a rest mass of a particle ). Unfortunately, it has showed
up that not all particles originating from an inelastic scattering are
stored in those two stacks. I was able to find out that for example some
residual nucleus is not there (I know about RESNUC but it is not a
stack, is it?) Is it possible that not all particles are stored there or
is it a bug in my code or a wrong interpretation?

My current approach (with  the assumption above) is to use the main
stack FLKSTK. In the case of an inelastic interaction, it looks at all
new particles added to the stack and scores/saves their kinetic energy
with function Tkeflk. The way, how does it check if some particle is new
in the stack, is with Numpar which I hope is unique for each particle.

Is this a correct approach?

I also wanted to ask you about functions Txflk, Tyflk, Tzflk in the
FLKSTK. Do they create together a vector of direction after a particle
creation (I am especially interested in the secondary particles from an
inelastic interaction)?

Best regards

Lukáš Marek