[fluka-discuss]: Kinetic energy of positrons at the instant of pair production- MGDRAW

From: Saurabh Mukherjee <sxm3816_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2020 23:16:40 +0530

Dear Users
 Let me explain the simulation I am trying to setup. A beam of thermal
neutron is incident on cadmium. The resulting capture gammas are incident
on a tungsten mesh. These gamma photons will cause pair production in the
tungsten mesh.
I am trying to record the kinetic energy of positrons right at the instant
that they are born. To do this, I have set the transport threshold for
positrons in the EMFCUT really high at 1 GeV. The production cut is set at
511 keV. Then in mgdraw file, I write the energy of the positron before it
is killed (due to high transport threshold) using ENDDRAW. The code is-
ENTRY ENDRAW ( ICODE, MREG, RULL, XSCO, YSCO, ZSCO )
      IF ( .NOT. LFCOPE ) THEN
         LFCOPE = .TRUE.
         OPEN ( UNIT = 88, FILE = "collfile", STATUS = 'UNKNOWN')
      END IF
      CALL GEOR2N ( MREG, MRGNAM, IERR1 )
      IF(MRGNAM .EQ. "WMesh1") THEN
      IF(JTRACK .EQ. 4) WRITE(88,'(1P,4G25.15)')
     & XSCO, RULL
      END IF
      RETURN

The question is- Is this a correct way of recording the positron's KE right
after its birth or is their another way?

I am attaching the input file and mgdraw file.
thanks for your attention
sincerely
saurabh mukherjee