[fluka-discuss]: Scoring interaction density with default scorers and event flags

From: Primidis, Thomas <Thomas.Primidis_at_liverpool.ac.uk>
Date: Sat, 4 Apr 2020 11:35:28 +0000

Dear all,

I am firing a 60keV photon beam onto a water phantom and I would like to get a 3D map of where do each of the possible photon interactions (Photoelectric, Compton scattering, Rayleigh scattering) take place. I would like to do this separately for each interaction.

Is this possible by using a combination of default scorers and event flags? Because energy deposition is only due to electrons getting absorbed, it seems that the way to do it for photoelectric and Compton is to set a high electron transport cut so that dose = kerma. But because in the future I am planning to use a more complex phantom and possibly higher energies, I want to let electrons travel as usual and compare the dose maps with the two kerma maps from photoelectric and Compton.

Finally, Rayleigh scattering does not deposit energy so I guess it is only mgdraw that could do this?

Ideally I would like to save results in a format that can be plotted by flair.

Best regards,
Thomas