Magnetic field

From: Mitja Majerle <majerle@ujf.cas.cz>
Date: Tue Sep 09 2008 - 14:18:35 CEST

(smtp1.mi.infn.it [192.84.138.69]); Tue, 09 Sep 2008 14:18:42 +0200 (CEST)
Sender: owner-fluka-discuss@mi.infn.it

Hi,

how do I set homogenous magnetic field in FLUKA ?

I use a very simple test example, protons go through box 20 cm which has
set WHAT(6) in ASSIGNMA to 1, after ASSINMA I have MGNFIELD with:
ASSIGNMA HELIUM MAGNET 1
MGNFIELD 1.0 0.01 0.01 0.0 0.0 1.0

In out file it seems that the region has magnetic field enabled, it says
under Magn./El. Field: ON /OFF and that the constant magnetic field is
set to Bz=1.

Now, I place a piece of detector on the other side and USRTRACK protons
passed through magnetic field with it. Turning on and off magnetic field
does not change the result ! I would expect that the protons would be
deflected and would not hit the detector with the magnetic field on.

What I am doing wrong ?

Thank you,
Mitja