Re: Fluka Abort Problem

From: Anna Ferrari <Anna.Ferrari_at_lnf.infn.it>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2008 23:39:07 +0200 (MET DST)

 Hi Jim,

  your error message says that something is wrong in the combinatorial
  geometry. In this cases it could be very useful to activate the geometry
  debugger via the GEOEND card (see in the manual the use of this card
  with sdum = DEBUG, and put the STOP command just the line below).
  If you try to do the exercise in your case, you will find in the output
  file (at the end) this message:

  *** Region # 3 Dnear according to possible overlapping ORs ***
  *** Region # 4 Dnear according to possible overlapping ORs ***
  *** Region # 5 Dnear according to possible overlapping ORs ***

  Now you know that these regions are not well defined.
  I've got a look. Without looking at all the regions you defined, I saw
  that the first 9 bodies are 3 series of circular cylinder +
  truncated cone + sphere, each one contained in the other.

  Now:
  a) your region n.3 is defined as:

  OR 7
  OR 8
  OR 9
  (OR...)

  These 3 bodies cannot be put in OR like that, because they overlap.

  b) the same for your region n.4:

  OR 4 -1 -2 -3
 (OR....)

   the bodies 1,2,3 cannot be subtracted like that, because they overlap.

  c) the same for region 5....

 So, try to adjust...

 Anna