Re: [fluka-discuss]: Additional neutrons in H2O and Polyethylene

From: SIZWE SCELO MHLONGO <3698012_at_myuwc.ac.za>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2020 13:02:40 +0200

Dear Anna,

You've given me very helpful information, thank you. I just have a few
additional questions, if you don't mind.

Are the primary neutrons that have scattered in the material and lost some
of their energy also considered as secondary neutrons by FLUKA?
I ask because when I sum all the scored neutrons (after multiplying the bin
contents by the bin width) I get ~1.06 - which implies a 6 % increase in
the number of neutrons (I might be repeating myself). The same is observed
for H2O, although with a lesser increment. I can't find a reaction between
the incident neutrons and the target nuclei, such as (n, 2n) reactions,
that could be attributed with the increase in the number of neutrons in the
simulation.

Thanks,

Sizwe

--
Disclaimer - This e-mail is subject to UWC policies and e-mail disclaimer
published on our website at: