Re: [fluka-discuss]: question about source.f

From: Paola Sala <paola.sala_at_mi.infn.it>
Date: Sun, 9 Aug 2020 15:19:07 +0200

Hello
you can place the reading of the input file in the initialization part of
the routine. There is a block starting with "if (lfirst) " that is
executed only once per cycle. You'll find also a comment indicationg
where to put user initialization.
However, there is no way to skip the reading at the next cycle, which is a
fully independent process.

Regards
Paola

> Dear experts,
>
> in source.f code I first read in my input file with data
>
> and save them into my array. Then FLUKA read my array...
>
>  -> does this procedure  take pace for each FLUKA cycle ?
>
>     i.e. every cycle source.f  read input file, then save it into
> array...
>
>   OR FLUKA for each next cycle  ONLY read my saved array ?
>
> ( I am trying to understand - how to read in very big input file ...)
>
> thank you
>
> Vladimir

Paola Sala
INFN Milano